Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    How can our systems be so abused. When you drive by some of these places and see folks getting county assistance, but affording $25,000 dollar vehicles. Yet receiving medicaid and food stamp and fuel assistance and in low income rentals or free housing?
    Man i honestly hate to bit@@@. But something is wrong. Does no one check this crap out. You have people getting all kinds of assistance and have people living with them making good money, yet no one checks it out.
    To me all that does is screw us all over. We are paying for this and saying it's ok.
    Yet Appy is under investigation for this and that. Yet here is blantant fraud and not a da@@ thing done or said. Does no one at Wise care, Social Services or anyone?
    Honestly it pisses me off. What good does it do to be honest, when you see those who lie and live better, than those working. Or they work but lie to get what they want.
    Appy being ripped apart. But millions being wasted and probably alot fraudlently but nothing done. Hmm. Which is bigger?
    I am beginning to think no one cares or it's to big an issue for them to deal with. No one seems to care. Yet millions are wasted. Must be nice. I would have to go belly up to do this. Yet some seem to know how to work the system and the system don't care. Where is the real justice?
    Make some of these people go to work. And make the live in honey's move out. And check up on the paperwork. Honestly. Do something. You make us who work, wish we had it made this da@@ good.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_neutral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    Time someone said something. Wise County isn't the only county. Here in the City of Norton we have it also.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I see (or rather hear of) that kind of stuff every day where I work. People are constantly abusing the Medicaid system and it's grossly out of control. "Frequent Flyers" as their called there, constantly getting Medicaid rides for suspicious reasons and trying to skirt the system at every turn. Fortunately, one is under investigation for fraud and hopefully, it won't stop with just one.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    Ive decided to stub my toe at mullican on tuesday draw unemployment for 30 years, get food stamps, sue the company, become a millionaire, slip on a piece of ice at the 4th of july "get together" at Bullitt Park, sue the town of big stone gap, and live happily ever after.
    Cant we all just get along?

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I can think of a good lawyer, they have 2 generations in that family. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But you want Workers Comp, not unemployment and the Great State of Virginia won't allow you to be paid for life. 500 weeks in max. 9 1/2 years and whoever ya got crippled workin' for and their ins company are done with ya. It is also based on your wage, a guy that gets hurt at Hardees isn't worth as much as a guy that gets hurt a mine. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The world needs overhauled. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But God will sort thru the liars and theives and money gluttons in the end.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I see it everywhere I go. People work the system.
    At one job I work in Insurance Claims (Workers Comp.). There's always someone under investigation for comp fraud. You've got guys sitting at home getting pain meds for "back pain occurring on the job" and not working for years, getting their 66% payment and free medical care, and sometimes working on the side for cash somewhere.

    I also work in a hospital ER on the weekends. I always say "well it wouldnt be a weekend without Mr. X, Y or Z showing up for his fix."

    I've seen women come in and have mecaid pay for pregnancy tests (in the ER! a $500 pregnancy test courtesy of us tax payers).

    They come for pain med fixes, and I'm the one that has to explain to the angry ones "I'm sorry but you can't have a narcotic if the doctor doesn't think it's necessary." And then we get threats, lawsuit threats, etc. We now have 24 hour security.

    They drive up in their F150s and use their medicaid for every stupid excuse on earth. They drag their kids to the ER and use their medicaid because little Johnny coughed once last night.

    They get pregnant on purpose, and use their medicaid to have the kid and then the kid has medicaid.

    Please note - in all these above cases we're not talking about hard working down on their luck folks. These people are all unemployed by choice from what I've learned. It's my job to talk to all these people, so I'm not making assumptions blindly.

    Yes there are some people that use medicaid legitimately, as it was intended but there are too many just milking it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I am as patriotic as it gets. I love my country deeply, but I have yet to see a system anywhere that screams "abuse me" like ours. Tammy can have 5 kids by different men, never work a day in her life,never pay a cent in taxes, and draw truckloads of benefits from Cardinal card to WIC to medicaid. Meanwhile, me and elp6n who have worked all of our lives (and both have diagnosed medical issues that easly could land us both disability checks if we wanted them), know that if we tried to sign up for assistance just to keep us fed, we'd be laughed at. I have no issue with working folk having a bad run and having to get a little help until they get on their feet again, but those drunks, pillheads, and skanks who stand with their hands open while us taxpayers feed them, cloth them, and provide better medical care than what we have, should have to work for their checks sweeping streets, cleaning ditches, picking up trash...etc
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    What i see happening is you have now 3rd and 4th generations using the system and never coming off of it.
    Using it to profit very well.
    This is how one told me how it works. You basically keep your kids going to the doctor, for anything. Medicaid is paying for it so why worry. Later when they grow up they have a chart or two of medical problems.
    Then they file for disability. But here is where it gets interesting. Most don't want regular disability. It's what is called SSI. That way they can use it and still get Medicaid to pay for medications and docotor visits. Can still get food stamp and other free assistance.
    They can afford a vehicle due to an as need.
    And when they marry male or female. Begin having children it just keeps going on. And more is paid out.
    Some may get one job for a couple months just to show they an effort.
    Quite a game. And easy to play. And what i heard about the WCSS is they hardly ever check anything out. An investigating anything as far as some say it is a joke. Hardly ever happens. And they prewarn most when they will be making a visit.
    So there is no real objective for some to go to work.
    This isn't everyone who is doing this but a large majority. Millions of dollars. And some no desire to change it has become a way of life.
    Just really demoralizing for those who work. You go ask for help or get in a bad way. It's sell your vehicles or put them in someone elses name. Got to do the same if you have a house or you got to let it all go. Ain't that grand. Every thing you worked for in someone else's name or gone to get what some live off of. Oh well guess im ranting. Heck millions of dollars being ripped off and most at Wise just turn their heads.
    People who need it for short times. Or those who need it because they can't work, i can understand. But not those who can work but won't and live off it. Or those who abuse it, making it to where others can't get help.
    Ain't it great to be a tax payer. And know that when you need help. You don't qualify.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I absolutely despise people who are able to draw workers comp for minor injuries. My dad worked in the mines for close to 30 years, one day at work a roofbolt slipped around and cut his hand near clean off, hangin on by a thread of skin literally, luckily though he was able to get out of the mines, get to a hospital and his hand was saved. Leaving him, as the doc put it, 78% disabled in his hand after all the rehab...anyways, took him close to a year to draw the workers comp, and honestly there for a while didnt think he was going to get it
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Have To Wonder. Screwed up Systems.

    I have been disabled now for 10 years. And I don't draw any public assistance. I do;however, have medicare. I never abuse it and besides, most of you know that medicare doesn't pay for a lot. I have artificial knees and such, along with several compression fractures in my back, all courtesy of the army. I tried reporting some medicaid abuse once on the phone and was told that it was not my business and not to worry about it. This was for a bill on me that supposedly was for surgery I had done and it was billed to medicaid. The problem is, I have never had medicaid in my life and the surgery was for gall bladder surgery. I never had this surgery and I still have my gall bladder. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •